Letters for Parents
- Just Added: CEO letter to faculty regarding recent school violence
- Just Added: CEO letter regarding March information and updates
- CEO letter regarding 2018 academic goals
- CEO letter regarding Lab's Independent Reading Project Launch
- Principals' letter regarding the new STAR program
- CEO letter regarding the immediate effects of the dissolution of the School Reform Commission
- CEO letter regarding Lab's background check policy in accordance with the PA School Law Mandate
Parents, please confirm your email address in Gradelink. If you have not added an email address, please do so to receive school updates and notices electronically. Also, please note the students' report cards are now published in Gradelink. You may access Gradelink here.
If your child requires medication, the Request for Administration of Medication form must be completed by your child's physician. The completed form must be returned with the medication in it's original packaging prior to any medication being accepted and/or administered.
The Laboratory Charter School requests a child stay home if he or she:
Has a fever of 100.4 degrees or higher. Keep your child home until his or her fever—100.4 or higher—has been gone for 24 hours without medication. Has been vomiting or has diarrhea. Keep your child home 12-24 hours after the last vomiting or diarrhea episode. Has symptoms that keep him or her from participating in school, such as: fatigue or lack of appetite. Cough that he or she cannot control. Moderate to severe headache, body aches, or earache. Sore throat—a minor sore throat is ok for school, but a severe sore throat could be strep throat, even if there is no fever.
School begins at 8 am for 4th and 54th Street locations
8:15 am for 59th Street